Politique de confidentialité
Sunvilla’s U.S. Privacy Statement
Effective Date: 1/1/2023
This Privacy Statement applies to your interaction with Sunvilla Corporation as a prospective, current or former Sunvilla’s customer, visitor or business partner. It describes how Sunvilla collects, uses, shares, and protects personal information from and about you, along with choices you can make about such information. Your continued interaction with Sunvilla after reviewing or receiving this Privacy Statement will indicate your acknowledgement and consent to it. This Privacy Statement is not a contract and does not create any legal rights or obligations.
What Information We Collect
We collect the following categories of personal information in order to provide products and services to you, to communicate with you, to enhance our products, services, and operations, and for other operational, legal, and compliance purposes:
- Identification information that can be used to identify you, such as your name, alias, address, phone number, email address, payment information, signatures, or other identifiers. We may also collect online identifiers, such as your IP address, when you browse our websites or use our applications. We may collect government-issued ID for certain types of transactions — but please provide government-issued ID information only if we ask you to.
- Commercial information, such as products or services you purchased or considered purchasing.
- Online activities information, such as browsing history, search history, and other information when you interact with our websites, applications, and advertisements. We, and our third-party partners, may also use analytics tools to collect information about your keystroke activity and rhythms, mouse movements, scrolling and clicks when you use our websites or mobile applications.
- Audio, electronic, video or image information, such as audio or video recording when you call us, video monitoring when you come to our stores, or photos taken when we are working on your project to document progress or completion. When legally permitted, after detecting a security incident to investigate, we may also use image scan technology on images we previously captured of an individual(s) suspected of being responsible for a security incident to aid our investigation and prosecution.
- Professional or employment-related information, such as information about you as representatives of our customers and business partners, in connection with our services and the operation of our business, including business contact information, job title, company name, and office visitor access information, where applicable.
- Protected class information under state or federal laws, such as age, gender, and family status.
- Inferences or preferences we learn or infer about you.
- Sensitive personal information, such as precise geolocation and payment card information. We use the information to provide goods or services you request (e.g., with your consent, we use precise geolocation to calculate your arrival time for in-store product pickup so the products are ready for you upon your arrival). We may also use the information so that we can provide relevant products or services to you. In addition, where permitted by law, we use the information to prevent, detect, protect against, or respond to security incidents, identity theft, fraud, and illegal activities.
- Other personal information, if it identifies, relates and can be reasonably associated with or linked to you (or your household), such as measurement data or floorplan data generated when using Sunvilla’s measurement services or through measurement technologies, such as the Sunvilla’s Measure Your Space feature.
We do not knowingly collect or disclose personal information from children under the age of 16 without parental or guardian consent. If a child under the age of 16 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we ask that a parent or guardian contact us so that the information can be deleted.
What Are the Sources of Your Information
We collect different types of information about you from a number of sources, including information you provide to us, information we automatically collect, information we obtain from other sources (specified below), and information we derive or infer about you.
Information You Provide
You may choose to provide us with information when you interact with us. Examples include:
- Identification information. You may provide your contact information in case we need to reach out to you. You may also set up your login and access credentials when creating or accessing an account with us. To complete transactions, we collect your payment information (e.g., credit or debit card numbers) and signatures. We may need your government-issued ID number or date of birth for certain types of special transactions.
- Commercial information. You may provide or generate commercial information regarding your Sunvilla’s purchases, returns, exchanges, warranties, and rebates.
- Protected class information under state or federal law or other sensitive personal information. For example, you may provide your protected demographic information, including age, gender, race and ethnicity and marriage and family status, when you complete a survey from us.
- Professional or employment-related information. You may also provide other professional or employment-related information when you respond to our surveys.
- Other personal information, such as your medical and insurance information, if you submit a claim to us.
Information We Collect by Automated Means
We collect information by automated means online and offline. When you use our websites or mobile applications, Sunvilla and our partners may collect certain information by using Cookies and Other Technologies. When you visit our store or call our customer care hotline, we may collect audio or video information.
As described under the “What Information We Collect” section, we may collect identification information (e.g., your IP address, device ID, cookie ID, mobile advertising identifier, or pixel identifier), online activities, geolocation data, and audio, electronic, video or image information via automated means.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
- Identification information. We may collect your contact information from Sunvilla’s affiliates, acquired businesses, business partners, public sources or other individuals, such as through “Refer a Friend” programs or if someone purchases a product and asks that it be delivered to you.
- Commercial information. We may obtain your commercial information, such as your purchase history, from Sunvilla’s affiliates, acquired businesses or business partners.
- Inferences or preference information about you, protected class information under state or federal laws, sensitive personal information, professional or employment-related information, education background, and geolocation information. We may collect inferences or preference information about you from business partners, such as data analytics or survey vendors. We may use such information to conduct aggregated analyses of our customer composition, and we may collect your interest and preference information to recommend products or services that may interest you. We may also learn about your preferences from public sources, such as information you submit in a public forum (e.g., a customer review).
Information We Generate or Derive
- Inferences or preference information about you. We may generate or derive some information about you through manual or automated means based on other information we collect. For instance, we may analyze your information and infer your shopping preferences to provide tailored recommendations to you. We may also conduct analyses based on aggregated or de-identified information. We may connect information we collect about you from the means described above if we can identify you as a Sunvilla’s customer, so that we can provide a personalized experience regardless of how you interact with us.
Why We Collect Your Information
We use your personal information for various business or commercial purposes, including fulfilling products and services, communicating with you, supporting and enhancing our business functions and for other legal, compliance and security purposes.
Fulfill Products, Services and Transactions
We may use your identification information, commercial information, online activities, geolocation information, audio/video, geolocation, sensitive personal information, and other personal information to provide products and services to you, such as:
- Provide and deliver products and services, fulfill your orders and transactions, and manage returns and exchanges
- Process, record, and track your purchases, payments, returns, warranties, and rebates
- Process payment
- Create and manage your account registrations or benefit
- Identify and verify your identity when needed to provide you with products and services or access to our systems
Facilitate Customer Communication and Outreach
We may use all of the categories of information described under “What Information We Collect” section to facilitate and tailor our outreach to you, such as:
- Communicate with you through various channels with transactional or promotional information, such as transaction confirmation and reminder, newsletters, coupons, and other messages
- Evaluate and respond to your requests, inquiries, and applications
- Administer programs for product reviews and surveys as submitted by you and other customers
Enhance Our Products, Services and Operations
We may use all of the categories of information described under “What Information We Collect” section to enhance our products, services and operations, such as:
- Conduct research and internal analytics, develop new products and services, perform market research and data analytics, and analyze our products, services, websites, and applications
- Customize your experiences in our stores and online, including customized advertisements and offers
- Determine and manage the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing
- Administering our websites and applications, and perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities
Comply with Legal, Compliance, Law Enforcement and Security Requirements
We may use identification information, commercial information, online activities, geolocation, and audio, electronic, video, image and other personal information for legal, compliance, fraud prevention and security purposes, such as:
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies and terms.
- Assist law enforcement and respond to regulatory inquiries
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecute those responsible for that activity
How We Share Your Information
We may share your personal information with unaffiliated entities with your proper implied or express consent. Specifically, we share your personal information to conduct business with service providers and business partners, comply with legal requirements, and transfer our business.
Service Providers and Business Partners
We may disclose your personal information to companies that provide various services to us in areas, such as shipping, installation, repair, warranty, order processing and fulfillment, information technology, marketing, customer service, data analytics, research and enhancement, fraud prevention, and legal, compliance and risk management. These companies may need access to information about you in order to perform their functions but are generally not authorized to use the information we disclose to them for any other purpose.
In limited cases, we may disclose information about you to a third party who may also use the information for their own specific purposes. For instance, we may provide your information to a supplier in connection with product warranty or safety issues, to a business partner who is jointly providing or promoting a product or service to you, or to a social media or online advertising technology company to serve tailored commercial information to you.
Legal, Enforcement, Security and Investigation
We may disclose information about you (1) if we believe we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (2) as we deem appropriate or necessary in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities or tax authorities; (3) when we believe disclosure is appropriate or necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of Sunvilla, our customers or others, including to prevent physical, financial or other harm, injury or loss or to collect debt you owe; or (4) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity.
Sale or Transfer of Business or Assets
We reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including, without limitation, in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for Business Purposes
We disclose all of the categories of personal information described under “What Information We Collect” section for business purposes, including fulfilling products, services and transactions, facilitating customer communication and outreach, enhancing our products, services and operations, and complying with legal, compliance, law enforcement and security requirements. Examples of the types of vendors we disclose personal information to for these purposes include analytics and research vendors, installation, repair and warranty services companies, order processing and fulfillment vendors, fraud prevention, legal, compliance and risk management vendors, information technology vendors, financial institutions, and marketing and advertising vendors.
Categories of Personal Information Shared with Third Parties
We may share your personal information with digital advertising partners for purposes including online targeted marketing and measuring the effectiveness of such marketing. Certain digital advertising partners combine the information into a customer profile. We may also disclose your information to our business partners who may use it for additional purposes relevant to our products or services (e.g., joint marketing, joint product/services offering).
Your Privacy Rights and Choices
Privacy Rights for Residents of Certain States
Residents of certain states have rights to access, delete, correct, or opt-out from certain types of processing or sharing of their personal information. Depending on your state of residency and subject to certain legal limitations and exceptions, you may be able to exercise some or all of the following rights:
Access your personal information. You may request to access a copy of your personal information we maintain about you.
In addition, in California, you may request to learn more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect about you, the categories of sources from which personal information is collected, and the categories of entities with whom we share personal information. You can also learn about categories of entities who may use your personal information for additional purposes relevant to our products or services (e.g., joint marketing, joint product/services offering) for valuable considerations. The information may be delivered by mail or electronically at your request.
- Correct your personal information. You may request to correct inaccurate personal information we maintain about you. If you would like to change information related to your order or services, please contact Sunvilla Customer Care.
- Delete your personal information. You may request that Sunvilla delete your personal information we maintain about you. This may impact our capability to provide products or services to you. Please also note, we need to keep certain information when permitted by law to complete the transactions, detect security incidents, prevent fraudulent or illegal activities, identify and repair errors, comply with laws and regulations, and for other solely internal and lawful purposes.
- Opt-out from sale of your information. We may disclose your personal information we maintain about you to our business partners who use it for additional purposes yet relevant to our products or services (e.g., joint marketing, joint product/services offering). These disclosures may be deemed as a “sale” under certain privacy laws (e.g., California) if such disclosure is for any valuable consideration. We do not, however, disclose your information to third parties for purposes unrelated to our products and services in exchange of monetary value. You may opt out from “sale” of your personal information.
- Opt-out from sharing of your information for targeted advertising. We may use certain advertising cookies, pixel or tags to serve targeted online ads and to measure their effectiveness, including ads that are selected based on personal information obtained from your activities over time and across nonaffiliated or distinctly-branded websites, applications, or services. You can opt-out from sharing of your personal information for targeted advertising.
- Limit the use and disclosure of sensitive personal information. In certain states, such as Virginia, we may collect and process “sensitive personal information” with your opt-in consent. For certain other states, such as California and Utah, you may request Sunvilla to limit the use and disclosure of your sensitive personal information to certain purposes that are permitted by law, such as providing products or services, detecting security incidents and protecting safety, preventing fraud or illegal actions, and maintaining the quality of services we provide. Please note that the definition of sensitive personal information varies by state, so your rights with respect to specific types of information will depend on your state of residency.
- Appeal your request. Residents of certain states may appeal a decision to not take action on your privacy right request within a reasonable time after your receipt of the decision.
Depending on your state of residency you may also have the right to not receive retaliatory or discriminatory treatment in connection with a request to exercise the above rights. However, the exercise of the rights described above may result in a different price, rate or quality level of product or service where that difference is reasonably related to the impact the right has on our relationship or is otherwise permitted by law.
Below is a summary of your privacy rights based on your state of residency:
- California Residents: Right of access, correct or delete personal information, right to opt-out of “sale” of personal information, right to opt-out of “sharing” of personal information for targeted advertising, limit the use of sensitive personal information, no discrimination.
- Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia Residents: Right of access, correct or delete your personal information, right to opt-out of sale of personal information for money, right to opt-out of targeted advertising, no discrimination, right to appeal. (Effective 1/1/23 in Virginia and 7/1/23 in Colorado and Connecticut)
- Utah Residents: Right of access or delete personal information, right to opt-out of sale of personal information, right to opt-out of targeted advertising, no discrimination. (Effective 12/31/23)
How to Submit Privacy Request(s)
Access, correct or delete personal information. To access, correct or delete your personal information, please submit a request to Privacy@Sunvilla.com. We may need your contact information, such as name, address, phone number, and email, to submit your request and verify your identity for access or deletion requests.
For your information security and privacy, we may work with an identity verification business partner to verify requestor identity. With your consent, we may send you a text to your mobile number to verify your identity. Our ID verification service provider may also present you with several questions to which only you may know the answers.
Opt-out from “sale,” or limit the use and disclosure of sensitive personal information. To opt-out from “sale,” or to limit the use and disclosure of sensitive personal information, please submit a request to Privacy@Sunvilla.com.
Nevada Residents. Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes permits a Nevada resident to opt out of future sales of certain “covered information” that a website operator has collected or will collect about the resident. We do not sell your covered information, as defined by Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes. If you reside in Nevada, you have the right to submit a request to Privacy@Sunvilla.com to opt out of the sale of covered information. Please include “Nevada Rights Request” in the subject line.
Opt-out from sharing of personal information for targeted advertising. To opt-out from sharing or targeted advertising, please adjust your cookie preference for Sunvilla websites. The opt-out is associated with the browser that you use to set those preferences, unless we know you are browsing our site. You can provide additional personal information by submitting a request to Privacy@Sunvilla.com and asking to restrict offline sharing of personal information for targeted advertising.
Appeal. To appeal a decision to not take action on your privacy right request, please submit a request to Privacy@Sunvilla.com.
We respond to requests to exercise privacy rights in accordance with our legal obligations, but please note that not all of these rights may be available to you depending on where you live. When we are not legally required to do so, we strive to comply with reasonable requests, but there may be a delay in responding to such requests. In certain circumstances, we may decline a privacy rights request, particularly where you are not a resident of one of the eligible states or where we are unable to verify your identity.
Additional Privacy Choices
In addition to the rights described above, we also make the following privacy choices available:
Website Analytics Services
We use certain analytics services to gather information about our site visits or mobile app usage.
How We Protect Your Information
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed and intended to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. Despite these safeguards, due to inherent uncertainty in the use of the internet and information systems and the potential for unlawful attacks by third parties, we cannot guarantee that the use of our systems, websites or applications will be completely safe or secure.
How We Retain Your Information
We retain personal information only for as long as is reasonably necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. To determine the appropriate duration of the retention of personal information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of personal information and if we can attain our objectives by other means, as well as our legal, regulatory, tax, accounting, and other applicable obligations.
Once retention of the personal information is no longer necessary for the purposes outlined above, we will either delete or deidentify the personal information or, if this is not possible (for example, because personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will store and protect the personal information until deletion or deidentification is possible.
How to Contact Us
If you have questions or comments about this Privacy Statement or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by emailing to Privacy@Sunvilla.com.
This Privacy Statement may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our information practices or relevant laws. We will post a notice on www.Sunvilla.com and other websites that point to this Privacy Statement to notify you of any substantive changes to the way we collect and use information.